Monday, December 15, 2008

"Hey, there's a hawk in your hair!"



Yes, those are the actual words Frank was uttering as I memorialized this event.

When an unfortunate bird got trapped in the upstairs porch of the teacher house, Frank wanted me to take pictures of him liberating it. (Is it because he's been hanging around Indians so long that he feels compelled to go hand to hand with birds of prey?) Frank's imperfect technique involved covering and blindfolding it with a bedspread. And yes, after I snapped this shot, the hawk's talons grabbed my head.




2 comments:

P-Dot said...

Ha hahahahahaaaa...sorry for laughing. It IS an experience you will never forget.

Anonymous said...

I would've enjoyed seeing a picture of the "hawk in your hair." But, the picture of the hawk flying away was beautiful.

Actually, I used the "cover it with a blanket" technique to capture a stellar's jay that flew into my house back when Ben was young. That's a memory I hadn't recalled in a long time. Thanks for jogging it back to the surface of my memories. :-)